Bluehost vs Arvixe Web Host Comparison
Bluehost vs Arvixe – which one is better? This head to head review puts one of the best hosting companies in the world against a relatively new, upcoming web hosting provider. Both offer great value to consumers, especially when it comes to hosting add-on features as well as reliability. This comparison of Bluehost vs Arvixe is based on several criteria, including performance, prices & features, security, usability, as well as customer service. We will also take a look at the pros and cons of both companies.
Bluehost vs Arvixe – Performance
As an industry leader, Bluehost has invested a lot to build rock solid infrastructures that promote hosting performance. Such include 24×7 network monitoring, 7500+ DELL brand Dual Quad Processor Performance Servers, and three dedicated data centers in the US, just to name a few.
As such, Bluehost guarantees 99.93% uptime and unlimited bandwidth. Arvixe, on the other hand, offers 99.9% uptime and robust reliability. The company rents several data centers from Softlayer, which relies on major ISPs and multiple Tier 1 telecom providers for better performance, empower maximum speed loading times, as well as minimize WordPress website failures.
On average, Bluehost’s response time (915.53 milliseconds – 2.6 second) is 118% faster than that of Arvixe (900.0 milliseconds – 2.1 seconds). Overall, Bluehost offers better performance compared to Arvixe.
Bluehost vs Arvixe – Prices and Features
|Hosting Company||Price Range/Month||Domains||Disk Space (min. to max.)||Bandwidth (min. to max.)|
|Bluehost||$3.95 – $5.95||1 Free Domain & 1 Hosting Domain||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Arvixe||$4.00 – $7.00||1 Free Domain||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Arvixe and Bluehost provide affordable shared web hosting plans. The latter is cheaper, at a starting price of $3.95/month, compared to that of Arvixe, whose most affordable package costs $4.0/month. Both companies also provide a whole lot of handy features, including $1000 Google AdWords credits, unlimited MySQL & PostgreSQL databases, Unlimited Email & FTP accounts, as well as unlimited disk space & data transfer. Arvixe offers a 60-day money back guarantee, while Bluehost provides a 30-day money guarantee.
Bluehost vs Arvixe – Security
Both companies utilize SSH and Shared SSL, which adds encryption to your website. They also use DDoS protection for the data centers. Overall, Arvixe and Bluehost offer the same security parameters, including two-factor authentication, single sign-on factor, account validation by Token, as well as secure password reset page.
Bluehost vs Arvixe – Usability
Bluehost, on the one hand, uses cPanel test drive that allows users to access the basic instructions on the control panel. All the One-Click install applications are accessible via the front page, and the panel is easy to use, as well as to navigate.
Arvixe, on the other hand, uses WHM cPanel. The control panel makes it easy for users to access their files traffic statistics, myPHP admin, webmail applications, and more. The main disadvantage is that it lacks One-Click install applications, such as WordPress. This puts Bluehost’s usability ahead of that of Arvixe.
Bluehost vs Arvixe – Customer Support
The quality of customer service is incredibly important when it comes to choosing a hosting company. Arvixe and Bluehost do a good job providing excellent customer support. Bluehost has a customer support team that is available throughout the day and night for phone calls and live chat. The company also offers a self-answer feature that lists common questions. Arvixe is also known for exceptional customer service. It is equipped with well trained and focused customer service employees, 24/7 phone support, an open forum, a team of programmers that work around the clock, as well as a live chat feature.
Despite their best efforts, Arvixe is well ahead of Bluehost in regard to customer service, thanks to the recently implemented Arvix Advantage program.
Bluehost vs Arvixe – Pros and cons
Pros of Bluehost
• Bluehost customers resolve their problems in several ways, including live chat, phone calls, Bluehost Community, Trouble Ticket, social media and the knowledge bank.
• It’s easy to set up, as well as to manage web pages.
• The control panel is easy to use and navigate. It also has the standard industry features.
• Numerous plan add-ons are available, including SiteLock, Spam Experts, Google Apps for Work and more.
• A popular choice for WooCommerce and WordPress websites with performance optimization.
• Reliable and high-performance web hosting with an excellent service record.
• Secure hosting is integrated with SSL certificates for e-commerce features
Cons of Bluehost
• Shortage of bandwidth resources and less server because shared web hosting subjects one’s domains and websites to the same server as other users.
• The basic plan only allows for one website
• The Weebly site builder is outdated
• Transferring a site to Bluehost costs $149, which is quite costly
• Uses MOJO Marketplace
Pros of Arvixe
• Users have the option to go with either Windows or Linux hosting, unlike most companies that offer only one of the two
• Arvixe offers a lifetime free domain as long as one renews their subscription every year
• The company also provides a longer money back guarantee as well as 99.9% uptime
Cons of Arvixe
• The maximum number of Windows websites that can be hosted on Arvixe is only five, while the minimum number of Linux sites is 6. This can be limiting for those looking to host multiple or single domains.
• Even though Arvixe offers unlimited disk features, there are certain limitations related to the data transfers, disk space, and other features.
Bluehost vs Arvixe Rating
|Hosting Company||Features||Prices||Performance||Security||Usability||Customer Usability
While both Bluehost and Arvixe are widely popular, our recommendation is to go with Bluehost. It is an industry leader that is trusted by large enterprises, and can handle any website needs you have. Arvixe, on the other hand, is one of the fastest growing hosting service providers that’s been put on radar due to regular server upgrades, increased customer support staff and an expanded data center. These factors make it a worthy choice.